Jurors were David Salmela, FAIA, of Salmela Architects in Duluth, Minn.; Steve Dumez, FAIA, of Eskew+Dumez+Ripple in New Orleans; and James S. Russell, FAIA, architecture critic for Bloomberg News in New York City. Awarded projects will be featured in the September/October issue of Texas Architect.
A special thank you to Blackson Brick, the 2011 Design Awards Jury sponsor.
2011 Design Awards:
• Arizona State University Polytechnic Academic Building (Mesa, Ariz.) by Lake/Flato Architects and RSP Architects
• Armstrong Oil & Gas Heaquarters (Denver, Colo.) by Lake/Flato Architects and Bothwell Davis George Architects
• Arthouse at the Jones Center (Austin, Texas) by LTL Architects
• Brockman Hall for Physics (Houston, Texas) by Kieran Timberlake
• Brown Residence (Scottsdale, Ariz.) by Lake/Flato Architects
• Cabin on Flathead Lake (Polson, Mont.) by Andersson Wise Architects
• Cutting Horse Ranch (Cross Timbers Region, Texas) by Lake/Flato Architects
• Full Goods (San Antonio, Texas) by Lake/Flato Architects in association with DHR Architects
• Rainwater Court (Mahiga, Nairobi area, Kenya) by Dick Clark Architecture in association with Architecture for Humanity
• Sam Houston Tollway Northwest Main Lane Plaza and Exit Toll (Houston, Texas) by RdlR Architects
• Singing Bell Ranch (Hunt County, Texas) by Max Levy Architects
• Sisters' Retreat (Austin, Texas) by Mell Lawrence Architects